Wednesday 29 July 2009

Thoughts

So I think this blog is just gonna be thoughts that come into my head mainly. I've put the adult warning on just in case, my thoughts are quite often fairly offensive! Also I may often post pictures of semi-naked ladies which probably isn't that appropriate for the younger members of society!

First thought of the day is inspired by BBC News' story on the IARC moving sunbeds up to the highest cancer risk category.
For this piece they interviewed two ladies on opposing sides of the argument; one from Cancer Research, the other the president of the Sunbed Association.

The lady from Cancer Research was, in short, beautiful. Lovely hair, fabulous skin, impeccably dressed and eloquent. She presented a well thought out argument and backed it up with research.
The lady from the Sunbed Association however was an entirely different kettle of fish!

In fairness her argument (which seemed to consist solely of the idea that all sunbed users only use them responsibly) was hampered by the fact she could not hear the studio very well, which resulted in Kate Silverton asking her questions as if she was a retard, but this does not excuse her appearance!

If you wanted to defend sunbeds, why appoint a spokesperson who had blonde, straw-like hair, saggy, over-wrinkled, muddy brown skin, a suit jacket which looked like it had been thrust upon her in the 80s, and teeth which were yellowing, withered and in many cases, missing entirely?

Whether or not sunbeds cause cancer was of no matter to me, once I saw this monstrosity I vowed, yet again, never to expose my lily-white skin to them.

Gem xxx

1 comment:

  1. cancer box, cancer box does whatever a cancer box does.

    You know how when something is exposed to radiation, it becomes radioactive? I think this is the same with orange women. I don't like it when they get on the bus as I fear I will burn and become filled with cancer.

    ReplyDelete